Aug 13, 2012, 10:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
AT&T Park hosts the Nationals for the next three days.
And so the Nationals are ready to open the final leg of their 10-game road trip, a big series in San Francisco against the NL West-leading Giants. They swept the earlier encounter between these two teams in D.C., but as we pointed out, the Giants are a much different team at home.
Gio Gonzalez is no stranger to AT&T Park, though, having made one start there each of the last two seasons while pitching for the Athletics. (He's 0-1 with a 3.75 ERA in those games.) He'll be joined by a familiar batterymate in Kurt Suzuki, who gets his second opportunity to catch his former Oakland teammate since joining the Nationals last week.
Ryan Vogelsong, whose 2.27 ERA leads the NL (one spot ahead of Jordan Zimmermann), gets the start for San Francisco. He'll go up against the Nationals' standard lineup against right-handers, including Bryce Harper in center field, Jayson Werth in right field and Steve Lombardozzi leading off.
Unfortunately, I'm not in San Francisco for this series, but please enjoy the game and the late-night conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 10:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal