Aug 13, 2012, 10:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
AT&T Park hosts the Nationals for the next three days.
And so the Nationals are ready to open the final leg of their 10-game road trip, a big series in San Francisco against the NL West-leading Giants. They swept the earlier encounter between these two teams in D.C., but as we pointed out, the Giants are a much different team at home.
Gio Gonzalez is no stranger to AT&T Park, though, having made one start there each of the last two seasons while pitching for the Athletics. (He's 0-1 with a 3.75 ERA in those games.) He'll be joined by a familiar batterymate in Kurt Suzuki, who gets his second opportunity to catch his former Oakland teammate since joining the Nationals last week.
Ryan Vogelsong, whose 2.27 ERA leads the NL (one spot ahead of Jordan Zimmermann), gets the start for San Francisco. He'll go up against the Nationals' standard lineup against right-handers, including Bryce Harper in center field, Jayson Werth in right field and Steve Lombardozzi leading off.
Unfortunately, I'm not in San Francisco for this series, but please enjoy the game and the late-night conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 10:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense