Aug 14, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
Rendon, the sixth overall pick in last summer's draft, began his professional career at Class A Potomac but fractured his right ankle in his second game and missed the next 3 1/2 months.
The 22-year-old third baseman played in 13 rehab games in the rookie Gulf Coast League and at short-season Class A Auburn, then was activated off the disabled list and rejoin the roster at Potomac last week.
In only seven games with the P-Nats, he went 7-for-23 with a double, two triples and three walks, prompting the Nationals to bump him up a level to Class AA.
Rendon was widely considered the top amateur talent in the countryRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)