Aug 17, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
After an 8-2 road trip, the Nationals return home tonight to face the Mets.
For the first time all season, the Nationals will field a lineup tonight that includes Ryan Zimmerman, Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Adam LaRoche, Michael Morse, Jayson Werth and Bryce Harper. It only took until Game No. 119 for that to happen, but nobody's complaining now. "I really like, from top to bottom, our lineup," manager Davey Johnson said today.
Desmond's return from a month on the DL with an oblique tear does force one significant change: Werth becomes the Nationals' primary leadoff hitter moving forward, though Johnson did say he wants to try to find ways to get Steve Lombardozzi in the lineup whenever possible.
This new-look lineup will be facing Johan Santana, who on June 1 threw the first no-hitter in Mets history, needing 134 pitches to do it. In nine starts since, the left-hander is 3-6 with a 7.98 ERA. Yikes. Ross Detwiler gets the ball for the Nationals, bumped up a day in the rotation to avoid pitching back-to-back with fellow lefty Gio Gonzalez, who will start Sunday's series finale.
Plenty of updates to come live from the ballpark…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 86 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase