Game 121: Mets at Nats

Aug 19, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez seeks his 16th win in today's series finale at Nationals Park.

Davey Johnson was asked yesterday if he had any plans to sit Ian Desmond at all to keep his recovering oblique muscle from acting up again. "Tomorrow," the manager said. "But don't tell him I said that. I've already got one guy wanting to choke me to death [ie. Bryce Harper]. But just to be on the safe side, I'll probably go back to the pre-Desmond infield."

Fast-forward to this morning when the Nationals' lineup for their series finale against the Mets was posted, with Desmond listed as the starting shortstop. Jayson Werth also is in there after Johnson said he planned to rest the outfielder.

So, there you have it. I'd pass along Davey's explanation for the change-of-heart, but he doesn't hold a pregame session with reporters on Sundays, so we'll have to wait until after this game. That's assuming the game is played. There's a fairly sizable weather system approaching from the southwest, and it looks like rain is a certainty for much of the afternoon. Having said that, this is the Mets' final scheduled game in D.C. this season, which means they'll do everything they can to try to get the game in.

Stay tuned for updates…

NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Thunderstorms, 80 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF

RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche

Read more ยป

1. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I love Davey… manager of the year, no doubt… but I disagree with Lombo out… I think this hurts his confidence, especially after Devey said publicly he would play today.

2. ExposedinDC - Aug 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Could not agree more…. Mick

3. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM

4. Doc - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Yeah, me three on Lombo! Even more so, Hefner is ripe for Lombo's LH bat! And I'm a Desi fan!C'mon Davey, stick to your guns!!!If Desi hits a HR to-day, I'll deny that I ever posted this!

5. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

With Werth and Desi reportedly sitting, both Lombo and Shark end up sitting instead.Shark has been very good off the bench, not so much for Lombo.It was a head-scratcher in the 1st place that Desi was going to sit today.I like the idea of why Lombo just couldn't start in place of Espi vs. the RH pitcher.

6. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Doc, I understand Desi playing but a great time to rest Espi. If Espi hits a HR today, I'll deny that I ever post this! LOL

7. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I hope Lombo was ailing or Davey has an honest explanation, this is bothersome to me

8. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM

9. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Also… Davey even suggested Lombo could play some in the outfield or as Gonat said, rest Espi, put Lombo at 2nd and Desi ss…??

10. Grandstander - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM

"Lombo's my guy." – Davey Johnson

11. DWS - Aug 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

25 players make a team right? If this "team" is going to the playoffs this team is going to have to do it. Daveys playing head games to see who has the gonads to withstand pressure. A good move IMO. You're up.

12. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

DWS… good point, the question is, why play any head games at this point. These young men have with stood incredible pressure since April with injuries, etc… They have proven their mettle. I hope Davey is not doing this at this point. They are pro's but they are young and it sends a really bad message to a young 21-22 year old player.As a coach myself, I found out early in practices and in the early part of the season what players had gonads and could deal with adverse situations… after that, I stuck with them and always had their back. You have to be careful here.

13. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Interesting, so sitting Lombo is a gonad test. I learn new things every day here.

14. DWS - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

In Davey we trust.

15. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Lets win another series. And then we can work on winning the next series.

16. DWS - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Rather condescending Ghost. Excuse me.

17. DWS - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Excuse the spell check as well.

18. derwink - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Davy talks often about roles on the team. Lombo's role, as hot as he has been, is utility/LF guy. Still, seems like a good day to let Desi catch his breath, so to speak, and catch his breath after a stint on the DL.

19. Kevin - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

In Davey we trust … I second that, DWS.

20. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Gonat said… Maybe Lombo was sick or some other good reason. Other than that, I agree with you Mick. August 19, 2012 12:22 PM _________________________________Why are people jumping to conclusions or trying to come up with motives and squeezing gonads.In Davey We Trust because that's the only way this team will head to post-season.I'm sure Davey has already spoken to Lombo and had their discussion. Things change. Not sure why its such a big deal. Lombo made this team as a utility guy.

21. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM

However- I don't remember Davey Johnson ever being so wishy washy in the past. He helped choose all of these players the last few years for the organization, then became their manager and is very personally attached to them.This is not at all a usual baseball situation. That's good for the most part, but it seems like he sometimes is like the indulgent parent. The kids beg and say pretty please and he gives in. I know he respects players that want to stay out on the field, I do, too, but that's not always what is best in the long run. If Desi is pushed and goes down again, Lombo is rusting. If Jayson's ankle keeps barking, we will need a sharp Bernie. And the field is wet today, too. That bothers me with Jayson's ankle. I think if we had won last night it would have been different. With a slippery field, I don't know.

22. Section 222 - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Davey just said on the pre-game interview with Dave J that Desi and Werth are both in there today because they told him they want to go. So there's your honest explanation mick. I think they've earned the right to make that request, and I trust Davey as far as whose egos or confidence he needs to nurse.

23. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

swami…. very well said

24. Section 222 - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM

In case folks didn't hear, Desi made his request by text after the game:Desi: Skip, my side's fine. I want that righthander tomorrow.Davey: You're the man.

25. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM

sec222… OK, all I am saying is you have to be careful with young players who have more than earned the trust of the team. I love Davey and trust him, but I can also be concerned as well

26. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM

27. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM

My guess is that Davey was concerned with the performances of both Desmond #6 and Werth at leadoff especially when compared to Lombardozzi and Bernadina recently. Both starters must produce especially this late in the season. I firmly believe if they had won this game Davey would have gone through with his original thinking for the lineup today. A two to nothing shutdown when they got a superb performance from their starter? That isn't how a winning team does it. That's how the Nats used to do it. He probably felt he couldn't let them sit after that performance got to get them back in the saddle again and see if they can ride out as they should.Best way to put it to paraphrase Jim Riggleman, "I've got to get Jayson and Dezy going!"

28. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

But it's not the players' decision to make. Cooler and wiser heads are supposed to prevail. Since when do the players that beg get to be in the lineup? How often have we ever heard a player say he is just fine, even when it turned out he wasn't? If Desi had rested more earlier he might not have needed the dl in the first place.They are not objective enough to make this decision. Davey has gotten soft in his old age? And Desi had zero rehab appearances. Again – wet field today. Danger, Will Robinson.

29. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

peric… OK, that makes sense

30. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Delay of game. Now they're talking about a make up game.

31. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Gonat and baseballswami, good points. Davey does it his way. Bernie is doing great as a PH batting .318 with a .464 OBP while Lombo is .214 as a PH on 14 ABs.Bernie is perfect in his niche off the bench and Lombo is more effective starting the game.

32. Section 222 - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I'll be honest. I liked what Davey said the other night about this being a 25 man team and the need to keep guys fresh and give them opportunities, even though they've now returned to bench roles. Plus giving the starters occasional rest seems like a good idea, especially those who were recently injured and with the big series against Atlanta coming up. So I was happy with the original plan to give Lombo and Bernadina a start today, and I was disappointed that Davey changed his mind. But for goodness sakes, this team is 28 games over .500 right now. He seems to have handled these kinds of questions pretty well so far. Are we really going to second guess Davey's judgment today? Not me.

33. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Today's projected lineup is what you would expect as the "A" lineup against RH pitching.

34. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Davey's answer was fine plus the team had a day off on Thursday. I would think Desi needs the reps.

35. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM

If you are bored, waiting for the Nats – tbs has Braves/Dodgers.

36. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

ghost – don't you think Desi needed some reps in a rehab start? Seems like the Nats have made this same mistake before, only now it's later in the season and more critical.

37. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM

more important question… will they play today, or not?

38. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

baseballswami, honestly if it was my choice yes, but the plan was Daveys over Rizzo where Davey wanted Desi with him and does that with all the youngsters.It's been Daveys way. When Espi was in a funk, Davey wouldn't send him down. That's Daveys way.

39. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

baseballswami said… If you are bored, waiting for the Nats – tbs has Braves/Dodgers. August 19, 2012 1:55 PM _____________________________Thanks!

40. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Uggla has so much eye black that he makes Bryce's look underdone.

41. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I flip to the Braves game and what are they talking about? Of course! And the end of the comment about how Boras "claims to have helped Rizzo build that team".

42. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Mets are only going to NY, Nats stay home. My guess is that they wait it out.

43. Section 222 - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I switched to the TBS game (nice bunt Billingsley, bad throw McCann) but decided to turn the sound down when I found they were talking about you know what.Anyone know if they are prohibited from playing the game tonight because of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball?

44. MicheleS - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM

At least they are showing the braves game on the big screen here at the park

45. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Section222, a rain delay can go past 8PM

46. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Section222, hope it doesn't though. The Orioles had a game last week that started at 10PM and ended around 1AM after a 3 hour rain delay.

47. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM

gang… I am sure I speak for all of us when I say, the national mlb guys are sickening on this whole you know what (I will not dignify it) issue. At first, I simply wrote it off as stupidity… now, I really think they are simply trouble makers trying to create a controversy and they could care less how ugly it gets. This is really a sad reflection on the entire media culture from news-sports. Instead of talking about the Nats as a wonderful story, these toads have to trivialize all the hard work this organization has put in

48. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

49. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

swami…. BINGO

50. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM

baseballswami said… Mick – that is actually my biggest problem with "the subject" – there is such a positive story here that is being ignored. That – and the idea that 24 teammates are nothing without the other 1. Quite the opposite of the truth, which is that this is a team without prima donna stars. August 19, 2012 2:26 PM ______________________________I like that. I think ridding this team of Nyjer was the prima dona who thought he was a star in his own mind.

51. NatsLady - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

More people here watching Atl game on scoreboard than in stands at Turner Field.

52. Wendell - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Wow! The stands are really empty, aren't they. I kinda like the TV team, though.

53. Wendell - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Cruz!

54. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Think they are watching in the clubhouse?

55. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

More people are watching and waiting to see what happens with "Stragate" than are following the National Election. I am almost certain it will be the lead topic of Meet the Press or the McLauglin Group any time now.

56. DWS - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I'm sure Minors fastball would look good to the Beast.Thank you Dodgers.

57. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Cubs-Reds on WGN, too. Not quite as interesting, but non-rainy baseball.

58. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Freakin' Victorino

59. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

60. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Folks at the game– anything going on ?

61. SonnyG10 - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Steady rain here in Reston.

62. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Slightly clearing skies in DC

63. Doc - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Actually Ghost, with a view to your on-going attempts at edumacation, the 'gonads' refers to both the female and male parts of the reproductive system.Soon as I figure out how to get that bio-fact into our elevated discussion of cojones, bravery, basic foolishnes, and the Nats' lineup, I'll get back to you!In the meantime, lol guys and gals!!!

64. Bigfish - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Slightly in-between here in Arlington ;-)

65. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Doc, I can take no credit for your edumacation on gonads as that began with DWS at 12:58.

66. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

DWS said… Daveys playing head games to see who has the gonads to withstand pressure. A good move IMO. You're up. August 19, 2012 12:58 PM ________________________________Talking about head games and gonads in the same sentence on a baseball blog is not a good idea.Also, gonads and pressure, not a good idea. Watch the James Bond torture scene in Casino Royale and you will know about what I talk of.

67. Wendell - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

First pitch at 4

68. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Thanks Wendell !

69. Monsieur S - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

4pm start time announced!

70. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Gonat said…This softball person in the booth with Smoltz making all of these baseball to softball analogies is getting old.AGREED!!!

71. JaneB - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

We started down there at 11:00, when the skies opened up, and then headed home. Debating whether to head back out. Hmmmmm…..Either way, GYFNG!

72. pRAA with the ISO - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Anyone know if they are prohibited from playing the game tonight because of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball?No. Blackout status is determined by the scheduled start time of the game. A game can't get rain delayed into a blackout. Also, I don't think the ESPN Sunday blackout is as hard and fast as the Fox Saturday blackout. The Rangers routinely play their Sunday home games at night due to the excessive heat there, even when they're not on ESPN. I'd think they wouldn't do that if their game was going to be blacked out – especially given what they're being paid for their local TV rights.And the blackout rules are just about the TV broadcast anyway. There's no prohibition on playing a game during blackout times. It just can't be televised.

73. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Mick, also softball doesn't translate well to baseball. Might as well bring in a cricket bowler to talk about their sport.Night and day.

74. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The Michele Smith in the TBS booth spells her name just like MicheleS. Hmmmm

75. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Sunlight helps the Dodgers!

76. SonnyG10 - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

yeaaa, Dodgers. 2-0 lead in top of 8th.

77. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

May not be much sun in DC but that sun in Atlanta just helped DC!

78. baseballswami - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Come on, Dodgers!!!!!

79. Wendell - Aug 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

JaneB, also debating heading back to the game.

80. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Gio's glove is embroidered with "HIALEAH"

81. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Struck out Wright on the 5th pitch and had to throw 4 more pitches to induce the Flyout.

82. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Into the 9th in Atlanta.

83. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Gio was lucky Hairston didn't send that pitch into Section 105

84. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Jayson Werth now batting .380 since returning from the DL.

85. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Now Dodgers winning 5-0

86. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Big crowd in spite of the rain …

87. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

DODGERS WIN!

88. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Dodgers win here's the Nats' chance to open a five game lead again.

89. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

As I promised if Espi hits a HR, DENIAL. LOL

90. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Gio got Hefner to throw a lot of pitches. Good job Gio!

91. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Gio, can't do that. No leadoff walks.

92. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Espi could start.

93. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I hate all walks lead off or otherwise. They put free runners on and tunup the putch count It is one area McCatty needs to work on for next season is the pitch count. Our relievers have pitrched second most in the league.

94. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Greinke has given up 4 earned runs in 4 innings today vs. Tampa.

95. NatsJack in Florida - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Made it home to Winter Park in time to catch the 1:35 start so the rain delay allowed me to get unpacked and ready for work tomorrow. And the Braves lose. Thanks, Baseball Gods!

96. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Trout just hit his 24th HR. Hand him the Rookie of the Year trophy right now and he has to be in serious consideration for MVP.

97. ehay2k - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Werth seems very comfy leading off. Need Bryce to come through.

98. ehay2k - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

OK, since it seems to be working: Zimm is due for a homer.

99. NatsJack in Florida - Aug 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

100. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

101. Ghost Of Steve M. - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM

NatsJack and Gonat, I need to make the next get together with you guys. Dodgers series won't work in my schedule. I am thinking early October on the road!

102. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM

NatsJack in Florida said… Gonat…great seeing you and Andrew last nite. I'll be back for the last Dodger game and 3 of the Brewer games.And Werth, Harper and Zim come through! August 19, 2012 4:57 PM ________________________________Same here. We will meet up again and hopefully sit together on your next trip. Also Derek and the Legion Of Boom is great!

103. mick - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I think Ian's wing is good, its a question of getting use to seeing the ball leave the pitcher's hand… he will be fine.having said that, i would go with Lombo in 6th or 7th to keep him involved

104. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Ghost Of Steve M. said… Gonat, Greinke has given up 6 and his ERA is over 4. I said it 2 years ago that he can't pitch under big city pressure. Would have been bad for Nats. August 19, 2012 5:01 PM __________________________________It looks like the case. His Angels ERA is blowing up.

105. bluejeener - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

GIO!!!! How great was that trade? Not just for his pitching ability; I think he has brought to the Nats the same character/attitude/enthusiasm that AJ Burnett brought to the Yankees in 2009, namely Joy and Playfulness.

106. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I like 0 runs through 5, but again way too many pitches through 6. 0- is how many you should have through 7 (or 9)

107. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Mick, I agree. Lombok is really hitting. Too bad he can't play catcher. I see the braves lost. That happened the same time my inlaws drove away. Go nats.

108. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Bryceeeeeeeeeeee. Yah hoo

109. bluejeener - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Thanks, Bryce, for getting that slump over early.

110. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Unfortunately burning the bullpen early today.

111. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM

112. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Our bullpen pitches more than all but one in the league. Too many pitches by the starters in too few innings.

113. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Manassas Nats' Fan said… Gio's pitch count way too high. At least he is winning, but he might win more yet if he would learn to keep the count down. August 19, 2012 5:53 PM _______________________________Just too much biting corners costing him pitches and less inning. 5 2/3 today.

114. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Praying mantis carpenter Gheesh

115. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Grasshopper? Come on Carp!

116. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Gonat. He must be a city boy

117. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

The Mets' bullpen since the all star game has been pathetic, but this series we have done nothing against them yet. (last night we couldn't hit Niwse, but no problem Friday or today against the starters).

118. Gonat - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Nats just can't do things easily. Come on Craig!

119. NatsJack in Florida - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

sweet double play! Pitchers best friend.

120. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

He got them. Nice ryan

121. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Werths music was zeppelin Dazed and confused. Hahahaha. Yeah baby.

122. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM

can we do it the easy way and not allow the runner the last two innings.Before I sent this they hit a double.

123. Manassas Nats' Fan - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sotren can get a vulcher save if we do not score.

124. Swift Eagle - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Gonat said… Also, gonads and pressure, not a good idea. Watch the James Bond torture scene in Casino Royale and you will know about what I talk of. August 19, 2012 3:19 PM _______________________________________ LOL! It hurts just to think about that scene!Good to meet you yesterday GoNat!

125. Secret wasian man - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Here comes Tyler. Get the Rolaids out. Ughhhh sooooooo nervous.

126. Faraz Shaikh - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

haha should be fun.

127. Swift Eagle - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

The overpowering change again!

128. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

That was an enormous preying mantis too! Abnormally hot weather … and a good amount of moisture …

129. Swift Eagle - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Tyler seems to be breathing out of the correct eye-lid today…hitting his spots with the FB and the change

130. Swift Eagle - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Curly W #75 is in the books!

131. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Combined with an almost serendipitous pseudo-political drama in Strasgate there's the odd coverage of the Nats. The only reason they aren't still buried by the media is because of Strasgate. Then you add the fact that their broadcast media source MASN completely favors another team, the Orioles. When you click multimedia on their website you still get mostly Orioles videos with Ghiroli et al. If you use the menu to click Nats you get the Nats selections but as soon as you finish watching the video it goes back to al Ori'holes. Its surreal.

132. peric - Aug 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

5 games ahead of the Braves … 1 game to 30 over .500 again.

133. ehay2k - Aug 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Nats win, another series win in the books!