Aug 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Why has the reaction to the Stephen Strasburg shutdown been different in Washington than it’s been elsewhere in the country? Why has Jayson Werth been so effective as the Nationals’ leadoff hitter? Which National League contenders should the Nats be most concerned about?
Chase Hughes and I tackled all those topics and answered your questions on the latest episode of Beltway Baseball. Enjoy the show!
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals