Aug 21, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg takes the mound tonight at Nationals Park.
And we're back at Nationals Park for game two of this pivotal series. Feels like we just left here following last night's 13-inning, rain-delayed marathon.
The good news is, the sun is mostly shining and there doesn't appear to be any serious threat of rain tonight. So that should remove one possibility for a long night, not to mention one deterrent for fans to come to the park.
Also, Stephen Strasburg is making what will almost certainly be one of his final starts of the season in the District, so there's that. (His innings count entering tonight is … drumroll please … 139 1/3! So we're probably talking about at least three more starts, probably no more than five.)
Left-hander Paul Maholm, one of the Braves' trade deadline acquisitions, gets the start for an Atlanta club that desperately needs to win tonight or else fall seven games back in the division.
Updates to come…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 3 mph in from RF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order