Aug 24, 2012, 7:47 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Citizens Bank Park hosts the Nationals for a three-game weekend series.
PHILADELPHIA — Hello from the City of Brotherly Love, which hasn't quite been the happiest place on earth this baseball season. Things have picked up somewhat for the Phillies, though: They've gone 21-17 since the All-Star break and have stormed their way into third place in the NL East. (Of course, the Nationals have gone 28-13 over the same span.)
This is probably the first time the Nationals have ever played here with more on the line than the home club. It's kind of a strange position, you have to admit. As you can tell by their lineup, the Phillies are still dealing with injuries and some other glaring holes. Don't take these guys too lightly, though: You've got to believe they're motivated to prevent the Nats from running away with this division.
Edwin Jackson gets the ball for the Nationals, coming off an 11-strikeout performance against the Mets that nonetheless resulted in a loss due to a lack of run support. He'll hope his teammates do a little more damage at the plate tonight against Kyle Kendrick.
Live updates and analysis from Citizens Bank Park to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions