Aug 26, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Morse and Ian Desmond each are out of the Nationals' lineup for the third straight day, but each remains hopeful of returning to play Tuesday in Miami.
Morse, who suffered a bruised right hand Friday night when he was hit by a pitch, attempted to play catch this morning at Citizens Bank Park but still was in some pain. One of his biggest concerns was an inability to snap his wrist as he let go of the ball, which led to some awkward-looking throws with head trainer Lee Kuntz.
"I was trying," he said. "But it doesn't work if you don't snap."
Morse has yet to try to swing a bat, but he hopes the pain continues to subside over the next 48 hours and he still believes he can return Tuesday when the Nationals open a two-game series against theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort