Aug 26, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Morse and Ian Desmond each are out of the Nationals' lineup for the third straight day, but each remains hopeful of returning to play Tuesday in Miami.
Morse, who suffered a bruised right hand Friday night when he was hit by a pitch, attempted to play catch this morning at Citizens Bank Park but still was in some pain. One of his biggest concerns was an inability to snap his wrist as he let go of the ball, which led to some awkward-looking throws with head trainer Lee Kuntz.
"I was trying," he said. "But it doesn't work if you don't snap."
Morse has yet to try to swing a bat, but he hopes the pain continues to subside over the next 48 hours and he still believes he can return Tuesday when the Nationals open a two-game series against theRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth