Aug 26, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Morse and Ian Desmond each are out of the Nationals' lineup for the third straight day, but each remains hopeful of returning to play Tuesday in Miami.
Morse, who suffered a bruised right hand Friday night when he was hit by a pitch, attempted to play catch this morning at Citizens Bank Park but still was in some pain. One of his biggest concerns was an inability to snap his wrist as he let go of the ball, which led to some awkward-looking throws with head trainer Lee Kuntz.
"I was trying," he said. "But it doesn't work if you don't snap."
Morse has yet to try to swing a bat, but he hopes the pain continues to subside over the next 48 hours and he still believes he can return Tuesday when the Nationals open a two-game series against theRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'