Aug 26, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Morse and Ian Desmond each are out of the Nationals' lineup for the third straight day, but each remains hopeful of returning to play Tuesday in Miami.
Morse, who suffered a bruised right hand Friday night when he was hit by a pitch, attempted to play catch this morning at Citizens Bank Park but still was in some pain. One of his biggest concerns was an inability to snap his wrist as he let go of the ball, which led to some awkward-looking throws with head trainer Lee Kuntz.
"I was trying," he said. "But it doesn't work if you don't snap."
Morse has yet to try to swing a bat, but he hopes the pain continues to subside over the next 48 hours and he still believes he can return Tuesday when the Nationals open a two-game series against theRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles
- Gonzalez, Werth make long-awaited spring debuts