Aug 26, 2012, 4:07 AM EST
Associated Press photo
Gio Gonzalez reacts to serving up John Mayberry’s go-ahead homer in the sixth.
PHILADELPHIA — It may be difficult to remember these things, but the Nationals actually have endured through several losing streaks this season. Indeed, they’ve experienced five streaks of at least three losses in 2012, and even once lost five straight games.
And how did they respond to each mini-slump? By winning four in a row, three in a row, nine of 11, three of four and six in a row.
Suffice it to say, nobody inside the Nationals’ clubhouse following Saturday night’s 4-2 loss to the Phillies — their third straight — was ready to jump off the Ben Franklin Bridge.
“Three! Ugh, we’re ready to quit,” Ryan Zimmerman said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. “Everything’s going to go into shambles.”
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal