Aug 29, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals need to win tonight at Marlins Park to avoid a six-game losing streak.
Another day, another attempt by the Nationals to end their losing streak. They've dropped five in a row now, last night's 9-0 trouncing at the hands of the Marlins easily the worst of the bunch.
No changes to Davey Johnson's lineup. He'll stick with the exact same starting eight that couldn't score a run off Ricky Nolasco last night, hoping these guys have more success against 21-year-old right-hander Jacob Turner (making his eighth career start).
Turner hails from St. Louis, as does the Nationals' starter tonight: Ross Detwiler. The 26-year-old left-hander was on the mound when this losing streak began Thursday night against the Braves, so it would perhaps be fitting if he was the guy to put and end to the streak.
As you know, I'm not in Miami. Please enjoy the conversation as always, and I'll be back at the park tomorrow night for the start of the Nats' 11-game homestand…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon