Aug 29, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals need to win tonight at Marlins Park to avoid a six-game losing streak.
Another day, another attempt by the Nationals to end their losing streak. They've dropped five in a row now, last night's 9-0 trouncing at the hands of the Marlins easily the worst of the bunch.
No changes to Davey Johnson's lineup. He'll stick with the exact same starting eight that couldn't score a run off Ricky Nolasco last night, hoping these guys have more success against 21-year-old right-hander Jacob Turner (making his eighth career start).
Turner hails from St. Louis, as does the Nationals' starter tonight: Ross Detwiler. The 26-year-old left-hander was on the mound when this losing streak began Thursday night against the Braves, so it would perhaps be fitting if he was the guy to put and end to the streak.
As you know, I'm not in Miami. Please enjoy the conversation as always, and I'll be back at the park tomorrow night for the start of the Nats' 11-game homestand…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense