Aug 31, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
Manager Davey Johnson said the club will recall left-hander John Lannan, catcher Sandy Leon and outfielder Eury Perez from Class AAA Syracuse. Veteran utilityman Mark DeRosa also will be activated off the disabled list after missing the last month with an abdominal strain.
The Nationals plan more reinforcements next week, after Syracuse’s season ends on Monday. Johnson hinted that outfielder Corey Brown and reliever Christian Garcia will join the big-league roster at that point.
Of the September call-ups, Lannan figures to have the greatest impact. The left-hander was kept at Class AAA the entire season (aside from two spot starts during doubleheaders) specifically to take over the rotation spot that will become vacant when Stephen Strasburg is shut down.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting