Aug 31, 2012, 11:36 PM EST
Manager Davey Johnson said the club will recall left-hander John Lannan, catcher Sandy Leon and outfielder Eury Perez from Class AAA Syracuse. Veteran utilityman Mark DeRosa also will be activated off the disabled list after missing the last month with an abdominal strain.
The Nationals plan more reinforcements next week, after Syracuse’s season ends on Monday. Johnson hinted that outfielder Corey Brown and reliever Christian Garcia will join the big-league roster at that point.
Of the September call-ups, Lannan figures to have the greatest impact. The left-hander was kept at Class AAA the entire season (aside from two spot starts during doubleheaders) specifically to take over the rotation spot that will become vacant when Stephen Strasburg is shut down.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals