Aug 31, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
Manager Davey Johnson said the club will recall left-hander John Lannan, catcher Sandy Leon and outfielder Eury Perez from Class AAA Syracuse. Veteran utilityman Mark DeRosa also will be activated off the disabled list after missing the last month with an abdominal strain.
The Nationals plan more reinforcements next week, after Syracuse’s season ends on Monday. Johnson hinted that outfielder Corey Brown and reliever Christian Garcia will join the big-league roster at that point.
Of the September call-ups, Lannan figures to have the greatest impact. The left-hander was kept at Class AAA the entire season (aside from two spot starts during doubleheaders) specifically to take over the rotation spot that will become vacant when Stephen Strasburg is shut down.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Anthony Rendon back in D.C. to see Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- Surging Nats return home to face Marlins
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets