Sep 1, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats seek win No. 81 this afternoon at Nationals Park.
Given the position they've put themselves in over the last five months, the Nationals won't be celebrating too much this evening if they win their 81st game of season and match the club record set in 2005. This team has visions of much greater things than a .500 record, but it's still no small feat for a franchise that has experienced nothing but losing for the last six seasons.
Jordan Zimmermann will be the man on the mound seeking that 81st team victory and his 10th individual win. He'll be up against a potent foe in Kyle Lohse, who enters with a 14-2 record a 2.64 ERA.
A friendly reminder that this game (which was originally scheduled for 7:05 p.m.) will start at 4:05 p.m. because it was picked up by Fox. That broadcast will be available to the majority of the country. You can see the map here.
Updates to come…
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 92 degrees, Wind 11 mph LF to RF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success
- Bullpen holds after Strasburg's early exit, but Nats fall
- PHOTOS: RG3 attends Nationals-Marlins Tuesday
- Nationals preview adorable Pet Day calendar
- Nats are building momentum off of each win
- Still finding his groove, Werth gets night off