Sep 2, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg starts today's series finale at Nationals Park.
This won't be Stephen Strasburg's final start of the season, but the finish line for the Nationals' young ace is without question fast approaching. The club plans to give Strasburg one (maybe two) more appearances after today's outing, so might as well enjoy it while you can.
And the Nationals better hope the right-hander is a bit more successful today than he was last week in Miami when he was torched for a career-high seven runs in five innings. He'll be facing the Cardinals for the first time, leaving only two NL clubs he's never gone up against (the Reds and Brewers).
Veteran Jake Westbrook gets the nod for St. Louis, which will try to maintain its lead for the final wild-card berth in the NL and salvage a four-game series split.
I'm off today, but never fear: Chase Hughes of CSNwashington.com has the keys to the blog and will be providing updates all afternoon from the park…
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Scattered storms, 84 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from RF
RF Bryce Harper
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats