Sep 3, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Cubs are in town for this Labor Day matinee at Nationals Park.
Happy Labor Day, everyone. It's a day off for most, and the unofficial final day of summer for many, but it's been a busy morning here at Nationals Park. If you missed any of the earlier news, be sure to read these articles on Stephen Strasburg meeting with Mike Rizzo and Davey Johnson about his shutdown, Sean Burnett dealing with elbow issues again and the Nationals promoting Zach Duke and Christian Garcia from Class AAA Syracuse.
As for today's game, Ross Detwiler gets the start against a Cubs team is serious rebuilding mode. Check out some of the names in Dale Sveum's lineup (aside from old pal Alfonso Soriano, of course). Ex-Notre Dame receiver Jeff Samardzija is on the mound for Chicago.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
CHICAGO CUBS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting