Sep 4, 2012, 7:38 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it 6 of their last 7 tonight at Nationals Park.
Whatever the reason Michael Morse was pulled from yesterday's game in the fourth inning, it wasn't enough to keep him from playing tonight. Morse is back in the Nationals' lineup, hitting cleanup against Cubs rookie left-hander Chris Rusin.
Morse will, however, shift to right field for this game, with Jayson Werth sliding over to center field and Tyler Moore getting a rare start in left field. That means Bryce Harper is on the bench. I wouldn't read a whole lot into that; he's probably just getting the night off against a lefty.
Edwin Jackson, coming off an eight-inning, 10-strikeout performance against the Cardinals, gets the start for the Nationals, who are looking to win for the sixth time in their last seven games since that five-game losing streak of a week ago.
Updates to come, please check back…
CHICAGO CUBS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon