Sep 4, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it 6 of their last 7 tonight at Nationals Park.
Whatever the reason Michael Morse was pulled from yesterday's game in the fourth inning, it wasn't enough to keep him from playing tonight. Morse is back in the Nationals' lineup, hitting cleanup against Cubs rookie left-hander Chris Rusin.
Morse will, however, shift to right field for this game, with Jayson Werth sliding over to center field and Tyler Moore getting a rare start in left field. That means Bryce Harper is on the bench. I wouldn't read a whole lot into that; he's probably just getting the night off against a lefty.
Edwin Jackson, coming off an eight-inning, 10-strikeout performance against the Cardinals, gets the start for the Nationals, who are looking to win for the sixth time in their last seven games since that five-game losing streak of a week ago.
Updates to come, please check back…
CHICAGO CUBS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
CF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series