Sep 5, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Sean Burnett hasn’t pitched since Sunday due to elbow inflammation.
His throwing elbow still not 100 percent, Sean Burnett is again unavailable out of the Nationals’ bullpen for Wednesday night’s game against the Cubs.
Burnett hasn’t pitched since Sunday, when he served up a game-tying homer to St. Louis’ Daniel Descalso in the eighth inning for his second consecutive blown save. The left-hander asked for treatment on his elbow afterward, and manager Davey Johnson has put him on the shelf since.
Burnett is receiving anti-inflammatory medication, and the Nationals are hopeful that will be enough to get him back on the mound. But that won’t happen until this weekend at the earliest.
“He’s going to be down a few more days, I guess,” Johnson said. “I guess he’s getting better. It’s just rest.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals