Sep 5, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Sean Burnett hasn’t pitched since Sunday due to elbow inflammation.
His throwing elbow still not 100 percent, Sean Burnett is again unavailable out of the Nationals’ bullpen for Wednesday night’s game against the Cubs.
Burnett hasn’t pitched since Sunday, when he served up a game-tying homer to St. Louis’ Daniel Descalso in the eighth inning for his second consecutive blown save. The left-hander asked for treatment on his elbow afterward, and manager Davey Johnson has put him on the shelf since.
Burnett is receiving anti-inflammatory medication, and the Nationals are hopeful that will be enough to get him back on the mound. But that won’t happen until this weekend at the earliest.
“He’s going to be down a few more days, I guess,” Johnson said. “I guess he’s getting better. It’s just rest.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising