Sep 7, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg takes the mound against the Marlins tonight at Nationals Park.
So, you may have heard something about the Nationals planning to shut down Stephen Strasburg before the end of the season. I'm told it's been mentioned a handful of times in the national media over the last few months. Which would seem to make Strasburg's start tonight against the Marlins (his final scheduled home appearance of the season) kind of a big deal.
A large crowd is expected to see the 24-year-old take the mound at Nationals Park for the last time in 2012. And there appear to be plenty of those national media members here to chronicle the event.
Meanwhile, the Nationals' lineup will look to continue its torrid pace. Over the last nine games, that group has produced a .351 average, 1.029 OPS, 24 homers and 70 runs. They'll take their hacks at rookie right-hander Jacob Turner, who enters tonight's game with a 7.75 ERA in eight career starts.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 85 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win