Sep 7, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg takes the mound against the Marlins tonight at Nationals Park.
So, you may have heard something about the Nationals planning to shut down Stephen Strasburg before the end of the season. I'm told it's been mentioned a handful of times in the national media over the last few months. Which would seem to make Strasburg's start tonight against the Marlins (his final scheduled home appearance of the season) kind of a big deal.
A large crowd is expected to see the 24-year-old take the mound at Nationals Park for the last time in 2012. And there appear to be plenty of those national media members here to chronicle the event.
Meanwhile, the Nationals' lineup will look to continue its torrid pace. Over the last nine games, that group has produced a .351 average, 1.029 OPS, 24 homers and 70 runs. They'll take their hacks at rookie right-hander Jacob Turner, who enters tonight's game with a 7.75 ERA in eight career starts.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 85 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win