Sep 7, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg takes the mound against the Marlins tonight at Nationals Park.
So, you may have heard something about the Nationals planning to shut down Stephen Strasburg before the end of the season. I'm told it's been mentioned a handful of times in the national media over the last few months. Which would seem to make Strasburg's start tonight against the Marlins (his final scheduled home appearance of the season) kind of a big deal.
A large crowd is expected to see the 24-year-old take the mound at Nationals Park for the last time in 2012. And there appear to be plenty of those national media members here to chronicle the event.
Meanwhile, the Nationals' lineup will look to continue its torrid pace. Over the last nine games, that group has produced a .351 average, 1.029 OPS, 24 homers and 70 runs. They'll take their hacks at rookie right-hander Jacob Turner, who enters tonight's game with a 7.75 ERA in eight career starts.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 85 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury