Sep 8, 2012, 4:52 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals face the Marlins in a Saturday matinee on South Capitol Street.
OK, so there's a game still to be played, Stephen Strasburg shutdown or not. The Nationals, after losing in dramatic fashion last night, try to bounce back this afternoon against Mark Buehrle and the Marlins.
Ross Detwiler, who now officially becomes the Nats' No. 4 starter, is seeking his 10th win of the season. He'd become the fourth different member of the rotation to reach double-digits in wins, with Edwin Jackson (who starts tomorrow) also one win away.
One lineup change for the Nationals: Kurt Suzuki was initially listed in the starting lineup, but after catching all 10 innings last night, he's been replaced by Jesus Flores. Not an injury situation, just a matter of giving Suzuki a rest.
Updates to come, so please check back. And please check back on the Strasburg story, which I'll be updating with pregame quotes from Mike Rizzo and later postgame quotes from Strasburg and other players…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
Weather: Scattered storms, 85 degrees, Wind 16 mph out to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'