Sep 9, 2012, 8:32 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ricky Nolasco again dominated the Nationals lineup.
Game in a nutshell: What is it about the Marlins that brings out the worst in the Nationals? It's a mystery. So is Ricky Nolasco, who entered today's game with a 4.64 ERA but tossed a 2-hit shutout to again beat the Nats (he went the distance against them on Aug. 28, and if you go back to his previous start before that, the Nats now haven't scored a run in their last 22 innings against the right-hander. Miami's lineup, meanwhile, feasted on Edwin Jackson for six runs in 4 2/3 innings, though two of the runs scored when Bryce Harper lost a flyball in the sun. That's pretty much the kind of afternoon it was for the Nationals, who finished the season 9-9 against the Marlins but 77-45 against everyone else in the majors. They still closed out quite an impressive homestand, going 8-3 against the Cardinals, Cubs and Fish.
Hitting lowlight: Davey Johnson gave two of his regulars (Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond) the day off, but given the way thisRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?