Sep 10, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals open a three-game series tonight at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — Hello from Flushing Meadows, which is a hopping place today, considering the delayed U.S. Open men's final is about to begin right across the subway tracks from us at Citi Field, where the Nationals open a three-game series tonight against the Mets.
On the heels of a disappointing weekend against the Marlins, the Nats look to get themselves back on track against a New York club that's also playing out the string and using a good number of young guys down the stretch. That includes 25-year-old rookie right-hander Collin McHugh, who tonight makes his third career start. (McHugh shut out the Rockies in his debut, then got roughed up by the Cardinals his next time out.)
After giving Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond yesterday off, Davey Johnson has both regulars back in the lineup. He's got all the regulars starting tonight, as a matter of fact, and he's also got Gio Gonzalez on the mound trying to become the majors' first 19-game winner. (R.A. Dickey has a chance to do it tomorrow against the Nats.)
Plenty of updates to come live from Queens, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well