Sep 10, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by @GioGonzalez47
The Nats rookies pose before boarding their train for New York last night.
It's an annual rite of September, the day veteran players make their rookie teammates dress up in silly costumes for a road trip and subject them to all sorts of public and private ridicule.
Most MLB clubs do it, but the Nationals seem to be among the more creative groups when it comes to costume themes.
Last year, Stephen Strasburg, Drew Storen, Wilson Ramos and others were forced to paint their faces and chests blue and travel by train to New York dressed as Smurfs.
This year, Bryce Harper, Steve Lombardozzi, Tyler Moore, Christian Garcia, Eury Perez, Corey Brown and Sandy Leon walked into the clubhouse following yesterday's loss to the Marlins and found their regular clothes replaced by red leotards, doctored up to look likeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in