Sep 12, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan rejoins the Nationals rotation tonight at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — Tonight was supposed to feature the Great Stephen Strasburg Shutdown Circus, live from New York City. But as you know by now, the Nationals put a stop to that before they ever left Washington.
So instead John Lannan rejoins the rotation for tonight's series finale against the Mets, pitching just a hop, skip and a jump away from his childhood home on Long Island, eager to prove he can handle the pressure of pitching in a pennant race.
Lannan won't, however, have two regulars behind him in the field: Michael Morse and Danny Espinosa. Morse is out at leas a couple of days with a lingering left hand injury. (He was due to be examined today, so hopefully we'll get an update soon.) Espinosa, meanwhile, left the club to be with family following his grandmother's death. He's scheduled to rejoin the Nationals Friday in Atlanta, so he'll miss only one game.
Updates to come, please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 75 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring