Sep 12, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan rejoins the Nationals rotation tonight at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — Tonight was supposed to feature the Great Stephen Strasburg Shutdown Circus, live from New York City. But as you know by now, the Nationals put a stop to that before they ever left Washington.
So instead John Lannan rejoins the rotation for tonight's series finale against the Mets, pitching just a hop, skip and a jump away from his childhood home on Long Island, eager to prove he can handle the pressure of pitching in a pennant race.
Lannan won't, however, have two regulars behind him in the field: Michael Morse and Danny Espinosa. Morse is out at leas a couple of days with a lingering left hand injury. (He was due to be examined today, so hopefully we'll get an update soon.) Espinosa, meanwhile, left the club to be with family following his grandmother's death. He's scheduled to rejoin the Nationals Friday in Atlanta, so he'll miss only one game.
Updates to come, please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 75 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?