Sep 12, 2012, 3:50 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse has just two extra-base hits over his last 14 games.
NEW YORK — Though he missed some time over the last month while dealing with problems with his right hand, Michael Morse all the while has been dealing with an injury to his left hand as well. And after Tuesday night's win over the Mets, the Nationals left fielder finally acknowledged the situation had become bad enough to warrant a doctor's visit.
"I'm not helping the team when I'm not 100 percent," Morse said. "I'm not helping myself, either. I'm going to get it looked at the next couple days, get down to the bottom of it and try to get back to 100 percent. I'm not 100 percent."
Morse admitted his left hand has been bothering him for about a month now, the genesis of this injury his compensation for a sore right thumb that forced him to take a one-handed swing in San Francisco.
"This has been for like a month now," he said. "I think when I hurt my hand, my thumb, one swing I kind of let go of the bat and I just swung one-handed and I kind of messed my left wrist up a little bit."Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1