Sep 13, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Bo Porter has previously interviewed for jobs with the Marlins and Pirates.
Nationals third base coach Bo Porter has long been considered a potential big-league manager, so it's not surprising that multiple reports out of Houston say he's interviewing today for the Astros' job.
According to MLB.com and the Houston Chronicle, Porter flew to Houston today (an off-day for the Nationals) and is meeting with new Astros owner Jim Crane and general manager Jeff Luhnow.
Porter, 40, lives in Houston in the offseason, though he has no previous connection to the Astros organization. This isn't the first time he's interviewed for a major-league managing position, though: He was a finalist for the Pirates' job in 2010 and the Marlins' job in 2011 before ultimately losing out to Clint Hurdle and Ozzie Guillen, respectively.
Porter also was considered by the Nationals last fall, though DaveyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?