Sep 14, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Turner Field hosts the Nationals for a big weekend series with the Braves.
ATLANTA — Hello from Turner Field, where tonight the home stretch of the regular season begins in earnest for the Nationals, who can wrap up a playoff berth and all but lock up the NL East title by the time this series concludes Sunday night. But first things first, there's the little matter of Kris Medlen starting tonight for Atlanta.
Medlen, you may or may not realize, is 7-0 with an 0.81 ERA since he was moved out of the bullpen and into the rotation. The Braves, meanwhile, have been victorious the last 19 times the right-hander has started a game, dating all the way back to May 29, 2010.
The Nationals won't have one of their big sluggers in the lineup to try to end Medlen's streak, with Michael Morse again sidelined by a bone bruise and torn sheath in his left hand. Morse is scheduled to take batting practice later this afternoon, but you've got to think he's still going to need some more time before returning to play.
Ross Detwiler gets the nod for the Nationals, seeking his 10th win. Updates to come live from Turner Field, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton