Sep 15, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Roger Bernadina was banged up making this catch during last night's game.
ATLANTA — Roger Bernadina is dealing with a stiff neck one day after slamming into the left field wall to make a catch during the Nationals' 2-1 loss to the Braves and is not in manager Davey Johnson's starting lineup for the second game of this series.
"He's got a little stiff neck," Johnson said. "But he could play."
Bernadina initially appeared to hurt his right shoulder or collarbone after he robbed Jason Heyward of extra bases in the fifth inning. Johnson and a trainer went out to check on him, but Bernadina stayed in the game and played the rest of the way without appearing to suffer any lingering effects.
Afterward, Bernadina insisted he could play.
"In that moment, I didn't think about it," he said. "It should be fine."Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS