Sep 15, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Roger Bernadina was banged up making this catch during last night's game.
ATLANTA — Roger Bernadina is dealing with a stiff neck one day after slamming into the left field wall to make a catch during the Nationals' 2-1 loss to the Braves and is not in manager Davey Johnson's starting lineup for the second game of this series.
"He's got a little stiff neck," Johnson said. "But he could play."
Bernadina initially appeared to hurt his right shoulder or collarbone after he robbed Jason Heyward of extra bases in the fifth inning. Johnson and a trainer went out to check on him, but Bernadina stayed in the game and played the rest of the way without appearing to suffer any lingering effects.
Afterward, Bernadina insisted he could play.
"In that moment, I didn't think about it," he said. "It should be fine."Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return