Sep 15, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Roger Bernadina was banged up making this catch during last night's game.
ATLANTA — Roger Bernadina is dealing with a stiff neck one day after slamming into the left field wall to make a catch during the Nationals' 2-1 loss to the Braves and is not in manager Davey Johnson's starting lineup for the second game of this series.
"He's got a little stiff neck," Johnson said. "But he could play."
Bernadina initially appeared to hurt his right shoulder or collarbone after he robbed Jason Heyward of extra bases in the fifth inning. Johnson and a trainer went out to check on him, but Bernadina stayed in the game and played the rest of the way without appearing to suffer any lingering effects.
Afterward, Bernadina insisted he could play.
"In that moment, I didn't think about it," he said. "It should be fine."Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game