Sep 15, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson makes his first career start at Turner Field this afternoon.
ATLANTA — Being the baseball nomad that he is, having played for seven different big-league clubs, you'd think Edwin Jackson would have pitched in every ballpark in the majors. You'd be wrong, because there are two current major-league parks in which the right-hander has never appeared: Minnesota's Target Field (which just opened in 2010) and Atlanta's Turner Field.
The latter is most surprising, given that Jackson has spent parts of six seasons in the National League, not to mention the fact he's from Atlanta and still makes his home here. Today, though, he'll get to cross this one off the list, facing the Braves in search of his 10th win of the season.
Jackson did face Atlanta once earlier this season, taking a hard-luck loss on July 21 despite giving up only one run. His opponent, Tommy Hanson, got roughed up by the Nationals one night earlier, giving up eight runs in four innings. (That wound up being the game the Nats blew a 9-0 lead and lost in extra innings.)
A reminder that today's game is at 4:05 p.m. and is being televised by Fox, with Daron Sutton and Eric Karros on the call. Pretty much the entire southeastern United States gets this game, but here's a handy coverage map if you want to check it out yourself.
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 3 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall