Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Davey Johnson's Nationals lead the Braves by 5 games with 16 to play.
Ryan Zimmerman probably put it best late Sunday night, after the Nationals had been swept by the Braves to see their once-commanding lead in the NL East suddenly appear in jeopardy.
"There's two weeks left of playing baseball," Zimmerman said. "Everything's right in front of us."
Indeed, despite the frustrating weekend in Atlanta, the Nationals still control their own destiny. The task, really, is simple: Keep playing respectable baseball and the division title will be theirs.
Though the lead over the Braves may look tenuous — it's now down to 5 games after the Braves won in Miami last night — it's still a sizableRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS
- Denard Span sets Nats hits record to add to special day
- Zimmermann earns no-hitter through team effort (VIDEO)
- Perfect storm for Zimmermann to make magic
- Nats' Ramos shares moment in Zimmermann's no-hitter