Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Davey Johnson's Nationals lead the Braves by 5 games with 16 to play.
Ryan Zimmerman probably put it best late Sunday night, after the Nationals had been swept by the Braves to see their once-commanding lead in the NL East suddenly appear in jeopardy.
"There's two weeks left of playing baseball," Zimmerman said. "Everything's right in front of us."
Indeed, despite the frustrating weekend in Atlanta, the Nationals still control their own destiny. The task, really, is simple: Keep playing respectable baseball and the division title will be theirs.
Though the lead over the Braves may look tenuous — it's now down to 5 games after the Braves won in Miami last night — it's still a sizableRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview