Playoff tickets on sale Friday

Sep 18, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT

Individual tickets for potential National League Wild Card or Division Series game will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Friday, according to the Nationals.

A maximum of four tickets for each game may be purchased online at nationals.com/postseason or by calling (888) 632-6287 on a first-come, first-served basis.

In addition, the Nationals announced they will sell a limited number of standing room only tickets the day of each postseason game, subject to availability.

Tickets for any potential National League Championship Series or World Series games will go on sale in coming weeks.

The Nationals enter tonight’s scheduled series opener against the Dodgers with a magic number of 3 to clinch a postseason berth. Their magic number to clinch the NL East title (and avoid the one-game Wild Card playoff) is 11.

1. Scooter - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Yippee!marks calendar

2. alm - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Got my three (me and my 2 sons)!

3. Stephen Taylor - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

4. SonnyG10 - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Already ordered.

5. Section 222 - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I'll be interested to see what's left, but I guess the STHs didn't scarf up every ticket. pRAA, wherever you are, I concede you were right, I think.

6. milwaukeeclassic - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

For a point of reference, I just bought yesterday. I got 103, row R with 4 tickets. Infield Gallery and CF Reserved were already sold out.

7. bGrandy - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I had received an email about a presale for insiders, but no code yet. Has anyone received info about that?

8. do1teach1 - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Prepare for some sticker shock everyone.

9. milwaukeeclassic - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No joke! Outfield reserved tickets were $55 a piece.

10. Nick Rodriguez - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I have not received my Insiders code yet either.

11. bowdenball - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Section 222, that was never a threat. Season ticket holders barely comprise a quarter of the stadium capacity. Every single one of them would have had to buy up every available ticket, including the ones you can only get if you start paying for 2013 right now, to sell out the games. No chance that would ever happen with the exorbitant cost of additional tickets and schedule conflicts and all the rest. I'd be surprised if more than half the inventory is gone. That'll change by the end of this week, though.

12. Ghost Of Steve M. - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

If $55 is a joke, wait to you see those same tix when they hit StubHub. Guess you have never been to a Caps playoff game.

13. Ghost Of Steve M. - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Weather.com shows clearing tonight at 9pm

14. bowdenball - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Nick, I just got my code for tomorrow. You should have it now or get it soon I assume.

15. Diz - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The reason is that there was no discount applied for additional tickets for STHs. MLB sets the rates for tickets in the post season, not the Nats.As a season ticket holder, we had to purchase all 13 possible post season games up front (WS were deferred until the first week of Oct.): Tiebreaker, Wild Card Play In, 3 Divisional Series, 4 NLCS, 4 WS. Which, by the way, is impossible. You cannot have a Wild Card game and host 3 Divisional Series games. Nevertheless, we had to pay for all of them at Full Price!Full Price is also 2x to 4x current face value of the seats. Hence, buying the additional strings, as they put it, was almost as much as we paid for the entire 2012 season.That's a lot of upfront cost and why a lot of us didn't do it. I might add, we did purchase the extra strings, but were only allowed to purchase a maximum of 2 additional seats (strings).

16. natsfan1a - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Also just got my code.

17. Nick Rodriguez - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yep! Thx.

18. baseballswami - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I know they have to do this – but I am just so superstitious! Counting chickens and all that. Think the boys will play tonight? We could use a gem of a game to get back on the right track!

19. Old Wino - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Already lots of tickets on stubhub.

20. natsfan1a - Sep 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM

In other news, just noticed this on Mark's Tweeter update thingy. (IOW, a round of cortisone for all my friends. :-))Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckermanEspinosa has bone bruise in left shoulder capsule. Got cortisone shot yesterday, may be able to play tomorrow.

21. Steady Eddie - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM

(IOW, a round of cortisone for all my friends. :-))If past is prologue, Danny should be rockin' and rollin' now and into the playoffs!

22. MicheleS - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Looks like game is postponed.Washington Nationals‏@Nationals Tonight's game will not be played due to inclement weather. Stay tuned for details

23. natsfan1a - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

For all of you with tix for tonight, just saw this on the official Nats Tweeter:Washington Nationals ‏@NationalsTonight's game will not be played due to inclement weather. Stay tuned for details.

24. natsfan1a - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Also, I owe MicheleS a diet Dr. Pepper. :-)

25. Marty - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Is tomorrow a single admission doubleheader?

26. joemktg - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Marty: 4PM start for the twin bill leads me to believe that it is a single admission.

27. baseballswami - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Message said "straight" double header at 4 pm.

28. Clip&Store - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I want playoff tickets really bad but don't have a ton of money! :/ how cheap do you think standing room will be?

29. Manassas Nats' Fan - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I didn't get my code yet. Ummmm.I guess they think I will fall off the wagon and use my Maloox again. 7 days Maloox free.

30. MicheleS - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Manassas make sure you check your junk mail filters. Sometimes the MLB stuff ends up in there for me

31. Feel Wood - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM

baseballswami said…Message said "straight" double header at 4 pm.Hmmm. Romney got in trouble for not allowing people to bring their same sex spouse…

32. Manassas Nats' Fan - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Looked there already hoping that is what happened. Go Marlins

33. Manassas Nats' Fan - Sep 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Feel Wood good one.

34. JaneB - Sep 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Okay. What code? Where do you get it? We bought four strings but have been inundated by friends who want first dibs on more tickets than we have.

35. Unknown - Sep 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM

out of curiosity…how much do the world series tickets go for, and will the pricing be the same for those of us who have to wait till friday?

36. natsfan1a - Sep 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Jane and Unknown: after the STH single-game presale ended, the team sent a single-game presale announcement to those who were signed up for their "Insider" (no relation) emails. They later sent a site link and code. As far as I can tell, the pricing is the same as for all of the presales. The presale is for tiebreaker/play-in and division series tickets only. It sounds like they will hold presales for games that are deeper in the playoffs at a later date.

37. DoubleH - Sep 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Just picked up 4 for Game 2 (if necessary). It took me 20 minutes to get through from the "waiting room" and Game 1 was sold out. Best available was Sec. 402, Row N. No complaints from me after all these years of waiting.Do I have it right that with the new format that (assuming the Nats win the NL East) this would actually be Game 4 of the NLDS?

38. Scooter - Sep 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Yes, DoubleH, I believe that is correct.

39. Scooter - Sep 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Oh, and a tip for next time, if there is a next time: multiple browsers.

40. natsfan1a - Sep 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

The Game 1 seats that I got were also for the upper deck, a region I happen to like and inhabit frequently. :-) I didn't try multiple browsers but the wait was about 15 minutes.

41. DoubleH - Sep 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I guess I won't be rooting for a sweep!