Sep 19, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Aaron Harang in the opener of today's doubleheader.
The sky is blue, there's a breeze blowing in from the north, there's a chill in the air. Yep, meaningful late-September baseball has arrived in D.C. And since it's such a beautiful day, why don't they just play two?
We've got an old-fashioned, single-admission doubleheader on tap between the Nationals and Dodgers. One ticket gets you into both games. (If you have a ticket for tonight's originally scheduled game, you get into both. If you had a ticket to last night's rainout, you'll have to exchange it for seats of equal or lesser value.)
Jordan Zimmermann faces Aaron Harang in the 4:05 p.m. opener. We're still waiting on lineups, but I wouldn't be surprised if both Michael Morse and Danny Espinosa are in there for the Nationals. I'll post those as soon as we get them.
[UPDATE: Both Espinosa and Morse are in the lineup for Game 1, though Davey Johnson made it sound like neither will play in the nightcap. Also, Ryan Zimmerman is unlikely to play the second game after receiving another cortisone shot in his right shoulder today. Full story on that development coming soon.]
Plenty of updates to come…
LOS ANGELES DODGERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 1)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"