Sep 19, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Josh Beckett in the nightcap of today's doubleheader.
Who's ready for some more baseball? The Nationals and Dodgers are right back out there for the second half of this doubleheader. And by virtue of their 3-1 victory in the just-completed Game 1, with another win tonight the Nats would clinch the first postseason berth by a Washington baseball club since 1933.
There are two changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Danny Espinosa and Kurt Suzuki are taking a seat, with Steve Lombardozzi and Jesus Flores taking their spots. In a bit of a surprise, both Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse are back in the lineup after playing in Game 1.
John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the mound for the Nationals, looking to improve to 4-0 and secure what would be quite a milestone victory for the franchise and the District of Columbia.
Plenty of updates to come…
LOS ANGELES DODGERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:45 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), ESPN Radio, XM 185
Weather: Clear, 68 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from CF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense