Sep 19, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Josh Beckett in the nightcap of today's doubleheader.
Who's ready for some more baseball? The Nationals and Dodgers are right back out there for the second half of this doubleheader. And by virtue of their 3-1 victory in the just-completed Game 1, with another win tonight the Nats would clinch the first postseason berth by a Washington baseball club since 1933.
There are two changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Danny Espinosa and Kurt Suzuki are taking a seat, with Steve Lombardozzi and Jesus Flores taking their spots. In a bit of a surprise, both Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse are back in the lineup after playing in Game 1.
John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the mound for the Nationals, looking to improve to 4-0 and secure what would be quite a milestone victory for the franchise and the District of Columbia.
Plenty of updates to come…
LOS ANGELES DODGERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:45 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), ESPN Radio, XM 185
Weather: Clear, 68 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from CF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem