Sep 19, 2012, 7:16 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman is hitting .332 with 19 homers and 62 RBI over his last 75 games.
Upon receiving a cortisone shot in his ailing right shoulder on June 24, Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman acknowledged he might need another one (or more) before season’s end.
Nearly three months later, the time finally came.
Zimmerman received a shot prior to today’s doubleheader against the Dodgers, a step taken after a recent recurrence of discomfort in the shoulder, and one designed to allow him to finish the season before he’s likely to require arthroscopic surgery.
The Nationals said the discomfort Zimmerman has been feeling isn’t as severe as it was in June, when he got his last shot prior to the club’s series finale in Baltimore.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend