Sep 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
A small disclaimer: We taped this episode of Beltway Baseball yesterday afternoon, before the Nationals had officially clinched a playoff berth. But with their magic number at that point down to 1, we felt fairly comfortable talking about this team’s various postseason scenarios.
CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and I also addressed some other topics, including Bryce Harper’s NL Rookie of the Year chances and the potential ninth-inning dilemma facing Davey Johnson.
Then Amanda Comak of the Washington Times joined me to talk about what, if anything, can be done to correct the recent spate of umpiring mistakes that have plagued the Nationals, the power of cortisone for Ryan Zimmerman and Danny Espinosa and the decision to start Chien-Ming Wang on Sunday.
Enjoy the show!
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss