Sep 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
A small disclaimer: We taped this episode of Beltway Baseball yesterday afternoon, before the Nationals had officially clinched a playoff berth. But with their magic number at that point down to 1, we felt fairly comfortable talking about this team’s various postseason scenarios.
CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and I also addressed some other topics, including Bryce Harper’s NL Rookie of the Year chances and the potential ninth-inning dilemma facing Davey Johnson.
Then Amanda Comak of the Washington Times joined me to talk about what, if anything, can be done to correct the recent spate of umpiring mistakes that have plagued the Nationals, the power of cortisone for Ryan Zimmerman and Danny Espinosa and the decision to start Chien-Ming Wang on Sunday.
Enjoy the show!
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?