Sep 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The playoff-bound Nationals try to move closer to the NL East title tonight.
As everyone around them celebrated last night, the Nationals all insisted there was plenty of work yet to be done. They're happy to know they'll be in the postseason, but they'd much rather be NL East champions.
The march to a division title begins tonight, with the magic number at 8 as the Braves open a three-game series in Philadelphia and the Nationals open a four-game series against Milwaukee. Like the Dodgers before, the Brewers are trying to make a late charge for the NL Wild Card, so they're plenty motivated entering this series. They even went so far as to trade for Yorvit Torrealba this afternoon, acquiring a catcher who will be eligible to play no more than 13 games for his new club.
The Nationals send Edwin Jackson to the mound, and the right-hander will be seeking something significant himself. With a win, Jackson would improve to 10-10 for the season, and that would make him the fifth member of the Nats' rotation to reach double digits in wins this season.
Updates to come, so please check back…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 74 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees