Sep 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The playoff-bound Nationals try to move closer to the NL East title tonight.
As everyone around them celebrated last night, the Nationals all insisted there was plenty of work yet to be done. They're happy to know they'll be in the postseason, but they'd much rather be NL East champions.
The march to a division title begins tonight, with the magic number at 8 as the Braves open a three-game series in Philadelphia and the Nationals open a four-game series against Milwaukee. Like the Dodgers before, the Brewers are trying to make a late charge for the NL Wild Card, so they're plenty motivated entering this series. They even went so far as to trade for Yorvit Torrealba this afternoon, acquiring a catcher who will be eligible to play no more than 13 games for his new club.
The Nationals send Edwin Jackson to the mound, and the right-hander will be seeking something significant himself. With a win, Jackson would improve to 10-10 for the season, and that would make him the fifth member of the Nats' rotation to reach double digits in wins this season.
Updates to come, so please check back…
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 74 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants