Sep 22, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ian Desmond and Adam LaRoche each homered to lead the Nationals' barrage.
Game in a nutshell: Only one word, really, is needed to put this game in a nutshell: Domination. Gio Gonzalez dominated the Brewers lineup, allowing two unearned runs over seven standout innings to become the first 20-game winner in the majors this season. The Nationals' lineup dominated Milwaukee's pitching, busting out with three homers and 13 hits. And the bullpen closed the door on a lopsided victory, one that moves the Nats one step closer to the NL East title. For the moment, they lead the division by 6 games over the Braves (who just got underway in Philadelphia). Their magic number to clinch is also down to 6.
Hitting highlight: How impressive was the Nationals' offensive performance today? Consider this fact: Their 1-through-7 hittersRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015