Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA — Though he's back in the Nationals lineup for tonight's series opener at Citizens Bank Park, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse continues to be plagued by a lingering hand injury, one that required a shot to reduce inflammation.
Morse received the shot Monday in Washington; he didn't start that afternoon against the Brewers, though he insisted he felt well enough to play.
"They gave him a full dose of everything to try to get him well," manager Davey Johnson said, adding: "It was for inflammation but sometimes they give you one that gets in your system and goes all over."
Asked for his level of confidence in Morse's hand, Johnson didn't sound optimistic.
"I'm not real confident in it," the manager said. "But the doctors tell me he can't really hurt it worse and he wants to play and I want him inRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers