Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Though he's back in the Nationals lineup for tonight's series opener at Citizens Bank Park, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse continues to be plagued by a lingering hand injury, one that required a shot to reduce inflammation.
Morse received the shot Monday in Washington; he didn't start that afternoon against the Brewers, though he insisted he felt well enough to play.
"They gave him a full dose of everything to try to get him well," manager Davey Johnson said, adding: "It was for inflammation but sometimes they give you one that gets in your system and goes all over."
Asked for his level of confidence in Morse's hand, Johnson didn't sound optimistic.
"I'm not real confident in it," the manager said. "But the doctors tell me he can't really hurt it worse and he wants to play and I want him inRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals