Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA — Though he's back in the Nationals lineup for tonight's series opener at Citizens Bank Park, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse continues to be plagued by a lingering hand injury, one that required a shot to reduce inflammation.
Morse received the shot Monday in Washington; he didn't start that afternoon against the Brewers, though he insisted he felt well enough to play.
"They gave him a full dose of everything to try to get him well," manager Davey Johnson said, adding: "It was for inflammation but sometimes they give you one that gets in your system and goes all over."
Asked for his level of confidence in Morse's hand, Johnson didn't sound optimistic.
"I'm not real confident in it," the manager said. "But the doctors tell me he can't really hurt it worse and he wants to play and I want him inRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton