Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Though he's back in the Nationals lineup for tonight's series opener at Citizens Bank Park, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse continues to be plagued by a lingering hand injury, one that required a shot to reduce inflammation.
Morse received the shot Monday in Washington; he didn't start that afternoon against the Brewers, though he insisted he felt well enough to play.
"They gave him a full dose of everything to try to get him well," manager Davey Johnson said, adding: "It was for inflammation but sometimes they give you one that gets in your system and goes all over."
Asked for his level of confidence in Morse's hand, Johnson didn't sound optimistic.
"I'm not real confident in it," the manager said. "But the doctors tell me he can't really hurt it worse and he wants to play and I want him inRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising