Sep 27, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Bryce Harper hit his 20th homer and stole his 17th base during last night's win.
PHILADELPHIA — If it seems like Bryce Harper is accomplishing something every couple of days few, if any, teenagers have ever accomplished … well, it's true.
Just about every positive thing Harper has done on the field in the last couple of weeks has carried the 19-year-old over a new threshold, further cemented his status as one of the best players in his age group ever to perform in the major leagues.
And Harper was up to his old tricks again last night during the Nationals' 8-4 win over the Phillies. Let's recap…
With his first-inning blast into the stands in deep left-center, Harper recorded his 20th home run. The only teenager ever to hit more, ofRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B