Sep 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Bo Porter will leave the Nationals after the season to take over the Astros.
PHILADELPHIA — The Houston Astros will name Bo Porter their new manager this morning, though the 40-year-old will finish out the season as the Nationals third base coach before officially taking over.
A club source confirmed the hiring, which was first reported early this morning by Foxsports.com.
Porter, who was in the coaching box at Citizens Bank Park for last night's Nationals victory, will be in Houston today for an 11 a.m. EDT news conference where he will be named the 21st manager in the Astros' 51-year history.
It's not yet known if Porter will be back in Philadelphia in time to coach tonight's series finale against the Phillies, but he will finish out the season with the Nationals in his current capacity before leaving forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?