Sep 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Bo Porter will leave the Nationals after the season to take over the Astros.
PHILADELPHIA — The Houston Astros will name Bo Porter their new manager this morning, though the 40-year-old will finish out the season as the Nationals third base coach before officially taking over.
A club source confirmed the hiring, which was first reported early this morning by Foxsports.com.
Porter, who was in the coaching box at Citizens Bank Park for last night's Nationals victory, will be in Houston today for an 11 a.m. EDT news conference where he will be named the 21st manager in the Astros' 51-year history.
It's not yet known if Porter will be back in Philadelphia in time to coach tonight's series finale against the Phillies, but he will finish out the season with the Nationals in his current capacity before leaving forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September