Oct 1, 2012, 7:38 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park hosts the potential NL East clincher tonight.
If they had their druthers, the Nationals would have popped the champagne corks over the weekend in St. Louis. That, obviously, didn't happen but it does present a nice opportunity to clinch the NL East title at home in front of their own fans.
Officially, the Nationals have four shots to win one home game: three against the Phillies, then (in a worst-case scenario) a tiebreaker game Thursday against the Braves. Needless to say, they would really prefer to finish this thing tonight and not subject themselves to anymore torture.
John Lannan is on the mound, hoping to duplicate his solid start in Philadelphia last week. He'llLannan be up against a Phillies lineup without Ryan Howard or Jimmy Rollins. And his teammates will go up against Kyle Kendrick (who they knocked out in the third inning last week at Citizens Bank Park).
If you've got tickets to the game, hope you enjoy the experience. If you're watching at home, be sure to check back here for updates and analysis throughout…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 64 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett