Oct 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The regular season has concluded, the postseason is about to begin, and we’ve got so much to talk about that this edition of Beltway Baseball could probably stand alone as a 30-minute TV show if they added commercial breaks.
Among the topics I discussed with CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak were what kind of postseason atmosphere we can expect in D.C., what kind of threats the Braves or Cardinals would pose as a first-round opponent, what kind of state the Nationals’ offense and pitching staff is in entering the playoffs and what kind of chances the Nats have at winning some postseason awards.
Enjoy the show!
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats put Strasburg on the disabled list
- Nats need quality start from Gonzalez in Cincy
- Cingrani has little remorse for hitting Harper
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises