Oct 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
The regular season has concluded, the postseason is about to begin, and we’ve got so much to talk about that this edition of Beltway Baseball could probably stand alone as a 30-minute TV show if they added commercial breaks.
Among the topics I discussed with CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak were what kind of postseason atmosphere we can expect in D.C., what kind of threats the Braves or Cardinals would pose as a first-round opponent, what kind of state the Nationals’ offense and pitching staff is in entering the playoffs and what kind of chances the Nats have at winning some postseason awards.
Enjoy the show!
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem