Oct 5, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Marvin Hudson and Davey Johnson will be reunited during the NLDS.
The first two postseason games by a Washington baseball team in 79 years will have late-afternoon starting times, and don't be surprised if that trend continues next week once the National League Division Series returns to the District.
Major League Baseball today announced starting times for all postseason games through Tuesday, revealing that Game 1 of the NLDS between the Nationals and the winner of today's NL Wild Card Game between the Braves and Cardinals will begin at 3:07 p.m. EDT Sunday. Game 2 will be played at 4:37 p.m. EDT Monday.
Start times for Games 3-5 — scheduled to be played Wednesday through Friday at Nationals Park — have not been announced yet. But it's likely that Game 3 will feature another afternoon start, and it's possible the same could be true for potential Games 4 and 5.
Why all the day baseball? Because the Nationals, as the No. 1 seed in the NL, have the same Division Series schedule as the Yankees, the AL's top seed. And MLB and TBS (which is broadcasting all but two Division Series games over the next week) prefer to showcase the star-studded, 27-time World Series champs from New York inRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 12:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Hard-hit balls equal hard-luck loss for Nationals
- Fister, Nationals hard-luck losers in pitchers duel
- Asdrubal Cabrera joins Nats after trade, starts at second base
- Nationals send slumping Barrett to AAA
- Asdrubal Cabrera makes his debut
- Nats activate Asdrubal Cabrera, option Aaron Barrett
- MLB Power Rankings: Deadline shakeup in the AL
- Nationals bullpen in surprising rut
- Gio Gonzalez stumbles again in Nats' 10-4 loss to Phillies
- Pitchers' duel becomes battle of bullpens in Nationals 10-4 loss