Oct 7, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals' first-ever postseason runs begins today at Busch Stadium.
ST. LOUIS — The time has come. No more pontificating. No more speculation. No more anticipation. The postseason has arrived for the Washington Nationals, and all that's left to do is take the field and play ball.
No surprises from Davey Johnson with his Game 1 lineup. It's the same one he fielded throughout the final two weeks of the pennant race. He doesn't have any surprises planned for his use of the pitching staff and said all of his relievers are capable of going back-to-back-to-back days if necessary. And he didn't feel any need to speak to his entire roster as a group in advance of this series.
"If I had a meeting," the 69-year-old skipper said, "they'd think I was panicking or something."
So there's nothing really left to say except: Enjoy the game, and please check back here for updates and analysis throughout…
NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES – GAME 1
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 3:07 p.m. EDT
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WSPZ (570 AM), XM 184
Weather: Sunny, 53 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos comes through with go-ahead hit against D'Backs
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East