Oct 7, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals' first-ever postseason runs begins today at Busch Stadium.
ST. LOUIS — The time has come. No more pontificating. No more speculation. No more anticipation. The postseason has arrived for the Washington Nationals, and all that's left to do is take the field and play ball.
No surprises from Davey Johnson with his Game 1 lineup. It's the same one he fielded throughout the final two weeks of the pennant race. He doesn't have any surprises planned for his use of the pitching staff and said all of his relievers are capable of going back-to-back-to-back days if necessary. And he didn't feel any need to speak to his entire roster as a group in advance of this series.
"If I had a meeting," the 69-year-old skipper said, "they'd think I was panicking or something."
So there's nothing really left to say except: Enjoy the game, and please check back here for updates and analysis throughout…
NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES – GAME 1
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 3:07 p.m. EDT
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), WSPZ (570 AM), XM 184
Weather: Sunny, 53 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?