Oct 8, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Nationals Park will host its first-ever postseason game Wednesday at 1:07 p.m.
ST. LOUIS — The first postseason baseball game played in Washington in 79 years will have something of an old-school feel to it: It will be played in the afternoon and some people may have no choice but to listen to the game on the radio instead of watching on television.
Major League Baseball announced today that Game 3 of the National League Division Series will start at 1:07 p.m. Wednesday and be televised on MLB Network, not TBS.
Fans who have waited years, or even decades, to attend their first postseason ballgame in Washington will have to skip out of work or school early. Those that can't make it to Nationals Park in person will have to hope they have access to MLB Network, which was given the rights to televise two Division Series games this year for the first time.
The game will not be picked up by any other local TV stations. MLB Network is available on most cable and satellite services, usually on a sports tier of programming. Bob Costas and former Washington Senators left-hander Jim Kaat will announce the game.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies