Oct 8, 2012, 8:28 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Nationals Park will host its first-ever postseason game Wednesday at 1:07 p.m.
ST. LOUIS — The first postseason baseball game played in Washington in 79 years will have something of an old-school feel to it: It will be played in the afternoon and some people may have no choice but to listen to the game on the radio instead of watching on television.
Major League Baseball announced today that Game 3 of the National League Division Series will start at 1:07 p.m. Wednesday and be televised on MLB Network, not TBS.
Fans who have waited years, or even decades, to attend their first postseason ballgame in Washington will have to skip out of work or school early. Those that can't make it to Nationals Park in person will have to hope they have access to MLB Network, which was given the rights to televise two Division Series games this year for the first time.
The game will not be picked up by any other local TV stations. MLB Network is available on most cable and satellite services, usually on a sports tier of programming. Bob Costas and former Washington Senators left-hander Jim Kaat will announce the game.Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians