Oct 9, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
The Nationals and Cardinals will once again have deal with the "Sun Monster" in Game 4 of the NLDS, but if the series requires a fifth and decisive game, the two teams will finally get a chance to play in primetime.
Major League Baseball announced starting times for the rest of the series this afternoon, revealing that Game 4 is tentatively scheduled to begin at 4:07 p.m. Thursday, with a potential Game 5 scheduled for 8:37 p.m. Friday.
There's a strong chance the start time for Game 4, however, will be pushed back one hour to 5:07 p.m., a change that will be enacted if the Tigers clinch their ALDS against the A's without needing a Game 5. Detroit leads that series 2-0 entering Game 3 late tonight in Oakland, with Game 4 late tomorrow night.
Thus, the first four games of the Nationals' first-ever playoff series will all begin in daylight, with Game 3 tomorrow afternoon scheduled for a 1:07 p.m. start. The early first pitch and the forecast of clearRead more »
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance