Oct 9, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
The Nationals and Cardinals will once again have deal with the "Sun Monster" in Game 4 of the NLDS, but if the series requires a fifth and decisive game, the two teams will finally get a chance to play in primetime.
Major League Baseball announced starting times for the rest of the series this afternoon, revealing that Game 4 is tentatively scheduled to begin at 4:07 p.m. Thursday, with a potential Game 5 scheduled for 8:37 p.m. Friday.
There's a strong chance the start time for Game 4, however, will be pushed back one hour to 5:07 p.m., a change that will be enacted if the Tigers clinch their ALDS against the A's without needing a Game 5. Detroit leads that series 2-0 entering Game 3 late tonight in Oakland, with Game 4 late tomorrow night.
Thus, the first four games of the Nationals' first-ever playoff series will all begin in daylight, with Game 3 tomorrow afternoon scheduled for a 1:07 p.m. start. The early first pitch and the forecast of clearRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling