Oct 16, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
The Hot Stove League won’t heat up for several more weeks, but it’s never too early to look at some of the biggest offseason storylines.
In this segment from CSN’s Geico SportsNet Central, I discuss three key decisions involving the Nationals: 1) Whether to re-sign Adam LaRoche to a long-term extension, 2) whether to bring Edwin Jackson back or seek another veteran starting pitcher and 3) whether Davey Johnson wants to continue managing in 2013 and beyond.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?