Oct 25, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Does Pablo Sandoval have more heroics in store tonight?
So, Game 1 pretty much went exactly as expected, right? Right? Guess this is why we love baseball so much, because it never fails to surprise us, even on its grandest stage.
The pertinent question is this: Did the Giants' lopsided Game 1 win over the Tigers fundamentally change the complexion of the series? On one hand, you have to say the answer is yes. Not only did San Francisco take out Justin Verlander in stunning fashion, but history tells us the last 11 home teams that won Game 1 went on to win the World Series.
On the other hand, a big performance tonight from Doug Fister & Co. would get Detroit back on track and even the series up heading back east to Comerica Park. He gets overshadowed by Verlander and others on the Tigers roster, but over his last 17 starts (postseason included) Fister is 8-4 with a 2.52 ERA. That's pretty good.
Just like last night, I'll be hanging out here all night providing my own thoughts and interacting with everyone in the comments section. Please join us as you watch the game…
THE 108TH WORLD SERIES – GAME 2
DETROIT TIGERS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 8:07 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 62 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to RF
CF Austin Jackson
2B Omar Infante
3B Miguel Cabrera
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?